May 18. 2023
This Week in Logistics
The Fr8app weekly market update, is a report that analyzes data from multiple sources, including but not limited to FreightWaves SONAR, DAT.
We know that market data is vital to making real-time business decisions, and at Fr8app, we are committed to giving you the data you need to better manage your freight.
What is going on in the US market?
With the continued downward trend, the last few weeks outbound capacity again is looking open. Load to truck ratios nationally are low but still stable with the South East being the exception.
All Southern States have increased their posting activity over last week, due to the Produce Season starting. Any lanes going south are going to be in demand for drivers.
We are now well into produce season; the South East should level off or possibly grow slightly. As of this week the hottest states are AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, MS, NV & SC. TX has dropped back into the average of the remaining states. Like normal we will see better buying power to get into the hotter areas and vice-versa for Outbound Freight.
• Spot Load posts are down 3% since last week
• Spot Truck posts are down 3% since last week
• With Van rates down 1% since last week
Regional Fuel Rates from (https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/)
Fuel Is down about $0.01/ mile compared to last week
- US Average: $0.45 / Mile
- East Coast: $0.45 / Mile
- MidWest: $0.44 / Mile
- Gulf Coast: $0.41 / Mile
- Rocky Mountains: $0.47 / Mile
- West Coast: $0.53 / Mile
- California $0.55 / Mile
Improve now the efficiency of your supply chain.
Book a free consultation with a Fr8App Expert and optimize your results today.
How should I read this map?
- Heat Map shows all markets in the Country and how those markets show where we have capacity rich areas and where we do not. The darker shaded red areas are the “hotter markets” that signifies more freight posted than trucks available in that area. The lighter areas represent more balance in a market for loads per truck.
- Generally, when you are looking at a hotter freight market, carrier rates inflate from demand. You will see increased rates in a more balanced or lighter market.
A good rule of thumb is…
- A lane from a balanced market to hot market will have stabilized rates.
- A lane from Hot market to a balanced market will have increase.
Now for some national numbers
- Spot Load posts are down 16% since last week
- Spot Truck posts are Up 2% since last week
- With Van rates down 2% since last week
Key Locations with limited capacity
- McAllen, TX 4.4 L/T
- Macon, GA 7.7 L/T
- Fort Worth, TX 3.6 L/T
- Charlotte, NC 3.5 L/T
- Ontario, CA 4.5 L/T
- Atlanta. GA 3.3 L/T
Key Locations with available capacity
• Chicago, IL 0.6 L/T
• Indiannapolis, IN 1.3 L/T
• Harrisburg, PA 1.9 L/T
• St Louis, MO 1.1 L/T
• Laredo, TX 2.8 L/T
• Dallas, TX 2.3 L/T
Discover exciting stories and get insights from logistics experts.
Join the ultimate Fr8App Insights mailing feed.